January 14, 2013

Let's go to Alberta

Alberta Street is one of my favorite places to visit in Portland. It's shops are tucked into a neighborhood full of cool, older homes with lots of character. We always stop in Grasshopper, the toy and handmade children's clothing store.


Next door is a great dress and clothing/ accessories boutique called Tumbleweed. In the window hangs a sign saying, "Wear more dresses." I love the owner's sense of style and decor, including the shop's finished plywood floors warmed by large antique rugs, the chippy furniture, velvet chairs and chandeliers. Sometimes I want to pack it all home with me. Excuse the blurry photos, but you get the idea.



Then we walk a few blocks down to Bolt to check out fabric, before ducking in next door at the yarn shop. It's always a treat to go, even for a short time, and get inspired to come home and create something of my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment