January 31, 2013

13 Week Countdown

  Embroidery is cool. It's relaxing after a long day. Last week, within a two hour period, the toilet flooded, and the freezer went out leaving me to cook as much as I could to save our supplies. That was the last straw. I was ready to put my feet up and enjoy some peace and quiet.


 A few days before all the chaos, I found a couple flannels on sale perfect for new baby blankets. (As you can guess by the picture, we are having a girl.)  Before sewing the blankets, I decided to add some embroidery detail around the flowers. There's something about working with my hands, especially with knitting and embroidery, that helps the stress of a hectic day melt away.

 Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, it occurred to me the baby is due in just 13 weeks. I've lost track recently. I guess life is busy with three toddlers. Maybe I won't get everything finished I have planned, but at least there will be plenty of cute blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment