June 27, 2013

Outings

 I love it when friends travel cross-country for a visit. We get to explore Portland, eat good food, look at pretty shops. And when I get to bring along a good baby who lets us enjoy our time out, it's a win-win. 

Showers from the Baby Shower


  Our first stop was Alberta street, where we shared our traditional  Monte Cristo sandwich  (which we have been dreaming about since the first time we had it two years ago,) and Polenta patties with Eggs Benedict and sauteed mushroom and kale.

 After we checked out some favorite shops along Alberta, we headed to Rejuvenation, and stumbled upon a store called Buy Unique Things.









   And then for an evening in, we devoured an amazing Indian dinner made while chatting together in the kitchen. I haven't told her yet, but if my friend keeps spoiling me like this I don't think I'll let her leave. I just have to contrive a way to keep her here!




No comments:

Post a Comment