February 6, 2014

Snow!

 It began this morning at the breakfast table. If you looked closely you could see falling snowflakes every few seconds or so. By the time we started school, it was steadily coming down. When we woke up from our nap, there was at least an inch. And still it continues to fall. I love it. It's beautiful and peaceful. Thankfully, we are all safe and warm. I watch the snow piling on the trees and I remember college days in Ohio where snow was a permanent feature on the lawn during the winter. Here, it is a rare and well received occurrence.   


 I had to suit up and play in it.  Besides, I needed to thaw the hummingbird feeder and rescue the poor little fellas. St. Francis would be proud. 



And now, after thawing out my fingers, I'm ready to get back to work.


It's a gift I'm trying to finish by Valentine's Day.  I'll show you the new technique I'm going to learn once I complete the final stitches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment