June 15, 2012

Celebrate Dad

  Father's Day is almost here and I am behind. Oh dear. We've been sick this week, and I didn't  realize this Sunday was the day. Now what?
 Here are the ideas I have so far.  Allow hubby to sleep in. Around here that is a rare treat.
Or, surprise him with a picnic, fishing trip, camping weekend, or special dinner.
 Special gadgets for hobbies are always a winner.  My dad loves kayaking; he's in the process of building his own boat now. My sister made him a "piggy bank" and we've been adding to the funds to help him finish.
 I could find spices for the barbeque packaged with meat, fish, or fruit and veggies to put the seasonings to good use.
 Date night is also a good idea.
Last, but not least, here is one of my favorites. 
 Wouldn't this canvas be great with a portrait of the kids? Or grandkids?

To all you men out there who are blessed with the vocation of fatherhood, enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic! You should definitely decorate with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to surprise Matt with our engagements photos enlarged over our bed. We don't have a headboard any more, so a group of these could be cool.

    ReplyDelete