February 7, 2011

First Things First

Quilt for Lu

The other day I decided to try a new curried sweet potato soup recipe I spotted on a favorite blog of mine rosylittlethings. Along with the soup I even ventured to make the biscuits, which, surprisingly, I have never made. Since both turned out to be a hit, I am adding them to the recipe book and searching for other recipes to whip together.
That dinner is, in part, what inspired this blog. I have a long list of things I have wanted to make, bake, sew, knit, and try. Including learning how to sew my first zipper and draft my first pattern for a summer skirt. Or design a garden in my backyard. Fortunately some gardening projects will enrich our homeschooling endeavors, another first this year. Ambitious?  Absolutely. But I am excited to try and maybe learn from some mistakes along the way. First things first. We need lunch tomorrow and already I have an idea. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment