July 31, 2014

Little Offerings

 There is so much going on the world right now that needs our prayers and sacrifices (Colossians 1:24.) So much pain, loss and suffering.

  I was just reading an article about Sarah, a pregnant mother who died yesterday from multiple bee stings.  And it made me hold my nursing baby closer, and shower her golden hair with extra kisses. I'm grateful for the time I have with my family and loved ones. I try not to take any of it for granted. Please keep Sarah, her husband, and her four children in your prayers.


 Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary. We had a slow, relaxing dinner gathered around the creaking table. It sounds like home.
 From the table we looked out at one of our raised garden beds where a delphinium and a sunflower are growing, both of which we did not plant. It's funny because I meant to plant sunflowers this year, but never got a chance, and the birds must have known and dropped a seed from the feeder we hung in the corner of the garden. We watch the sunflower follow the sun first east, then at midday it stretches straight and tall, and by dinner it's facing  west. So simple and beautiful. It's just another reminder to me to smile more and grow impatient less.


No comments:

Post a Comment