April 26, 2012

Mother's Day

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I've been brainstorming gift ideas. As usual, I head to my fabric stash first to dream up something I can make. I have several ideas I'm excited to share when I get back home next week (we are visiting family in Bend). Here's some other great gift ideas to get you inspired.

 For directions on making one yourself, check out the link below the image.

D.I.Y.
                                                                                 ***

                                                                              ***

 Of course most moms love flowers and cards. My mom's favorites are lilacs, roses, and all sorts of hanging potted flowers. So I was thinking, instead of just buying a flower, why not plant it with the kids for grandma? We could even make a day out of it working together in her yard.

 

 And that opens up all sorts of gift ideas. The grandkids can paint a birdhouse for the back yard. An old paned window would look great hanging on the garage above her rose bed. Or they can press their hands into a stepping stone for her garden. We could find a special vase for her cut flowers. So many ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment