May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I completed my first stencil project. Having to make a gift usually inspires me to try new things, so I courageously set out to make a tea towel using some flour sacks my mother-in-law donated to my sewing stash. I am glad I did. This was super fun! If you want to try along with me, check out this source for instructions on stenciling with freezer paper. I was so concentrated on the steps that I forgot to take pics to help you follow along.  I promise to share photos of the process next time. It's simple, it's fun, and once I had the stencil cut things went rather quickly.
I was searching for a peacock design for the towel. In the end I created this birdie using a similar image I found from Lotta Jansdotter, one of my favorite artists in the stenciling world.


On a different note, Happy Mother's Day! When my kids are grown, I think I might have to pick dandelions for my table. I love how happy they are to surprise me with a fresh bouquet! Beautiful, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment